some more than others
…we’re always searching
You ever been so mad that you wanted to kick somebody’s ass, using somebody else as weapon to do it?
I waited in line to get a photo with Elizabeth Warren and was kicked out because I didnt have a book. I couldn’t afford it but thought I could get a photo since they were letting people with books take photos with her. When I was kicked out I said I couldn’t afford it and was almost out of the hall when an older man handed me a book and told me to go get a photo.
So here are my photos, including me pointing out how her book is close to what I spend each week on food and that I was kicked out of line for being too poor to afford it. I was also able to tell her to fight the “treat and reduce obesity act” that is being pushed by obesity alliance coalition to have Medicaid cover weight loss surgery and diet pills. It has financial ties to the makers of lap band, Allergan, and the director is the former policy director of glaxosmithkline. I’m kind of weepy but I told her I need access to food not weight loss.
A bomb severely damaged a Negro church today during Sunday school services, killing four Negro girls
The four children, all cousins ages 9 to 11, died during a shoreline strike by an Israeli warship.
…it was wrong then, it’s wrong now, it will always be wrong and there is no justification for it…
(Source: New York Daily News)
Day 10: Israel destroys Gaza’s Wafa hospital as staff evacuates all patients, three children killed while playing on roof, 5,000 tonnes of explosives fired at Gaza during Israel’s 10-day assault, UNRWA asked Israel to retract false claims about schools, Israel launches Gaza ground operation as death toll passes 240 | July 17, 2014
1. A Palestinian woman cries inside her damaged house which was targeted in an Israeli air strike. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
2. Palestinian children fill bottles and containers with water from a public tap in Rafah. (Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters)
3. Belongings are strewn about in a building that police said was damaged by an overnight Israeli air strike in Khan Younis. (Finbarr O’Reilly/Reuters)
4. A Palestinian girl walks with a toy that she salvaged from debris of the el-Yazje apartment building which was destroyed following an overnight Israeli missile strike. (Lefteris Pitarakis/AP)
5. Children’s shoes are bagged among belongings salvaged from a damaged Palestinian home which police said was targeted in an Israeli air strike. (Finbarr O’Reilly/Reuters)
6. A Palestinian boy rides his bicycle past a damaged building following an Israeli air strike. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)
7. Flares fired by the Israeli military are seen above the northern Gaza Strip. (Ronen Zvulun/Reuters)
8. The father of two boys from the Shaibar family, whom medics said were killed along with a girl from the same extended family by an Israeli air strike after the end of a five-hour humanitarian ceasefire, grieves outside the morgue in Gaza City. (Finbarr O’Reilly/Reuters)
9. A Palestinian woman reacts inside her damaged house which was targeted in an Israeli air strike in Gaza City. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
10. Smoke from flares rises in the sky in Gaza City, in the northern Gaza Strip. (Lefteris Pitarakis/AP)
Social media savvy Senator Cory Booker is on a mission: take a selfie with each of his 99 fellow U.S. Senators. But it’s not all fun and games for Booker, who cites the bipartisan goal of emphasizing common ground between his colleagues on his quest.
Yeah, this is some bullshit. This country is a fucking hot mess and these fools taking selfies? Fuck you Cory Booker, I thought you better than this
…meanwhile, in Miami
Some will tell you that you’re wrong You do it all the wrong way Some will tell you that you’re wrong That you don’t know the way
Fuck that, you’re wrong as hell.
Nerd Hoarding, circa 1987-88
- Sandman (1974) #1
- Sandman (1988) #1
- X-Force #2
- DC Comics Presents #26
- Planet Comics #1
- Rocketeer Adventure Magazine #1
- Doom Patrol #19
- Man Of Steel #1
- Amazing Spider=Man #298
- OMAC #1
- Animal Man #1
I probably spent about 20 bucks, total on those, back in the day. I probably could make that back, now, hmm?